Watercraft & Boat Insurance
Watercraft & Boat Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Watercraft & Boat Insurance Information
Boats can make for a glamorous and enjoyable means of travel, or they also may provide the means for certain professionals to maintain their livelihood. Regardless, like all other vehicles, boats have various risks and exposures to consider. Watercraft often require significant financial commitments and, like any other investment, must be adequately protected. Boat owners should take the time to understand their insurance needs.
The agents at Arbutina Insurance Group have the knowledge and experience to help boat owners in Brunswick, Medina, Strongsville and the surrounding area assess their coverage needs and acquire optimal boat insurance.
How Does Boat Insurance Work?
Boat insurance provides crucial protection from losses and damages involving your vessel. By making regular payments, you can access financial aid to help pay for expenses arising from covered events. Without a sufficient boat insurance policy, an incident could leave you having to pay significant repair or legal costs out of your own pocket. Most providers can tailor a suitable boat insurance policy for the following types of watercraft:
- Pontoon boats
- Bass and fishing boats
- Personal watercraft (e.g., jet skis)
Boat insurance is not legally required in Ohio; however, your bank may require coverage if you are financing your vessel. Similarly, marinas may also require you to have a policy if you plan to use a slip or mooring.
What Does Boat Insurance Cover?
There are many risks and exposures to consider when operating and maintaining your boat. With that in mind, it’s necessary to acquire a boat insurance policy that covers various common incidents. In general, most boat insurance policies should include a combination of the following coverages:
Get the Right Coverage
- Liability—If you are responsible for a boating accident, your insurance may protect you from losses and damages arising from bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical—If you or your passengers are injured in an accident, your insurance may provide financial assistance for health care and treatment.
- Hull—This coverage protects you from losses and damages to the physical structure of your vessel, including motor and electrical equipment.
- Comprehensive—This coverage can help pay for repairs if your boat is damaged by an incident other than a collision, such as severe weather.
- Personal effects—If personal possessions are damaged or lost while on your boat, this coverage can pay for repair or replacement costs.
- Emergency assistance—This coverage can help pay for emergency services, such as towing, if your boat breaks down on the water.
- Uninsured/underinsured watercraft—If another party is responsible for an accident but does not have sufficient insurance to pay for your losses, your insurance may cover the remainder.
Whether you use your boat for recreation or work-related purposes, sufficient insurance is a necessary investment. Without adequate coverage, a single incident, including those that may be outside of your control, such as a storm, could lead to significant financial consequences.
Our agents are prepared to assess your insurance needs and tailor a boat insurance policy that is right for you. Contact us today to get started.